NAV/CRM Connector – Customer_No was not found

Metaphorix has a number of implementations using the CRM/NAV connector and sometimes it can throw up some very unusual errors.

The lastest error was complaining about a Customer_No was not found when trying to sync a customer card in NAV to an Account in CRM.

Initially I thought this was the customer number on the customer card but I could see that existed and I could see it existed in the webservices.

I created  a brand new map between customer card and account with the minimum amount of information.  It was still complaining about the customer no not existing.

I eventually found this page

http://www.matt-parkinson.co.uk/notes/2011/nav-2009-crm-2011-integration-requested-value-customer_no-was-not-found/

It was going on about a customer number not existing in the ship to address.  I thought this can’t possible be the reason why my simple integration which only had one map which did the customer card and the account.

but I when I added the customer_no onto the ship to address (page 300) and then run the configure microsoft dynamics nav utility in the adapter settings (to refresh the mapping files) it then worked

this highlights the problems with you can have with the connector, things which are not seemingly relevant to the map you are working on can cause you problems.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s