I was asked about portals and CRM 2011 today.
The portal solution provided by Microsoft will allow you to quickly get a working portal solution up and running and helps you manage the security settings for the users and other administrative tasks
Below is the portal information I have found
The first is slightly unusual but the Customer Portal is listed twice on the market place, one has one review of 5 stars and the other has 9 reviews of an average of 3.5. This does seem quite low for a Microsoft endorsed accelerator (1o reviews!)
I have found a video on setting up the Customer portal
There is also a whole section in the CRM 2011 SDK
The document above is very useful, below are the sections it covers
- Prepare for Portal Development
- Prepare for portal development and read about best practices.
- ASP.NET Web Forms and Data Binding
- Learn how to use the portal toolkit for data binding into Web forms.
- Manage Portal Content
- Learn about content management with the portal toolkit.
- Portal Authentication
- Learn about authentication with the portal toolkit.
- Use the Web Site Copy Tool
- Learn how to use the Web site copy tool.
- Portal Walkthroughs
- Step-by-step instructions on how to create a portal console application, plug-in and Web application.